Thursday, November 27, 2008

Shaw is two!

It is hard to believe but Shaw turned two years old on November 8th. I wanted to take a few minutes to write about what he is like these days and how much he is changing. We also have an announcement to make, which is that Shaw is going to have a baby brother this spring. I'm not sure how well he understands that right now but I know that he will be a great big brother when the time comes!
Shaw has changed so much in the past month I think. He suddenly can say almost whatever is on his mind and it is a lot of fun. He says his ABC's and counts to 10 in English with no problem and is working on the spanish version a lot. He loves spiderman clothing, Barney, Thomas the train, Connor, Andie, Maggie, Will, Mollie and Mommy and Daddy. Actually, Connor and Andie should have come first on that list, he talks about them all the time and gets so excited to see them, he calls Andie at least a few times a week just to chat. He also has started to talk a lot about his grandparents. I worried about this a lot because we don't see them everyday like I used to see mine. It seems that G-ma, Pa-Pa (my parents) and Grandma (Brian's mom) really know how to make up for lost time.
He is such a sweet little guy, he has great manners and is so affectionate! He loves to give hugs and tell people that he loves them. I don't remember being this sweet as a child, I was really shy so I am thankful that he is able to say and do these things without being prompted and without being shy about it. "I love you Mama" is seriously the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life! I hope that our new baby will follow his example!
He is already getting practice in the role of "brother" I think, he and Connor truly act like brothers. I imagine they will be a lot like Andie and I were, fighting one second and giggling the next!
Here are a few pictures from the party!



Spider man shirt and spiderman cake!


Andie and Ma-Ma

me and Ma-Ma



I'm not sure why the obsession with pictures of Ma-Ma on the stairs but here she is again!



Thomas the train set from G-ma and Pa-Pa, who needs a coffee table anyway?


I think he could get used to getting presents every day!

Sweet little Connor having some spiderman cake








This was the spiderman cake that I made for Shaw, did you know that if your child eats enough blue icing his poop will turn blue for at least two days?



This is Shaw's older cousin, Will. Shaw really looks up to him and he is a great kid so that's a good thing!


This is Ashlyn, she and her mom babysit Shaw when there is no school, he loves her a lot!


This was Shaw around 7:30 that night when the sugar high wore off!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Shaw! Looks like you had a great time. Give your mom a hug for me, ok?

Miss you, Heather. Wish we were going back to Kiawah...