Sunday, April 05, 2009

Edward Reid Davidson

Its been an interesting week around here! Reid arrived last Saturday, March 28th at 5:25 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz. and was 21 inches long. We are so happy to welcome him in to the family!I hate hospital pictures but here we are before Reid's arrival. I began having contractions on Thursday March 27th around 11:30 p.m. but we waited until Friday morning to go to the hospital. I thought that the contractions were bad enough at that point that I needed to be at the hospital. Turns out things were going to get much crazier so they sent us home to wait it out a little more. I think this picture is from Friday morning. Saturday morning I couldn't take it anymore and to be honest I thought my water broke so we went to the hospital only to find out that my water had not broken after all. I guess the kids might think its funny in a few years to hear that their mom peed her pants in the kitchen, I don't know.


Things were far enough along that they admitted me then on Saturday morning. Later that day things kicked in and started moving and the next thing I knew, there was little Reid!

First meeting with Daddy!





I don't think that he particularly enjoyed his first bath.


Reid meets his G-ma!

Sleepy, sweet little guy!

Okay, one more time, I hate hospital pictures! Anyway, here's the family!

This one is at home I think, sitting with Aunt Andie!


Reid meets his big brother and cousin!

Before Reid was born I pictured him as another Shaw but I can see already how they are both going to be so different and unique! I can't wait to watch all three boys grow up together, hopefully Shaw and Connor will help show him the ropes and won't haze him too much! So far, Shaw has been the best big brother I could ask for! He is so helpful and gentle with Reid and no jealousy at all! I am so relieved about this, I really worried about how Shaw would react to the change but so far he is taking it in stride! We are doing really well and have lots more pictures to post when I have time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your new addition!! Everyone looks to be enjoying the wonderful, meaningful moments-may God Bless you always with His peace, love, and joy. Peggy Hogan in NJ