Years ago my grandparents bought a little cabin in Whittier, NC and this is where Andie and I spent lots of time as kids with our Ma-Ma and Na-Na. We have tons of happy memories from there so we were very excited to take the boys up this past weekend. I am still on maternity leave so Shaw, Reid and I left last Thursday to pick Ma-Ma up on our way.
Reid was a sweetheart, here is a picture of him and Ma-Ma.

I have very good reasons for not taking more pictures, one is that I forgot my phone charger, the other is that I spent the better part of the weekend putting Shaw in time out. I don't know what happened, he is normally a really sweet boy. He has a lot of energy, yes, but if we play outside he burns it off and we do just fine. Not this weekend...
He kicked things off by making himself vomit in the backseat on the way up, stuck his fingers down his throat until his mission was accomplished. We finally got to the house where he proceeded to almost break his neck trying to climb over the side of the back porch. Next, he darted into oncoming traffic, laughing hysterically with me running and screaming bloody murder after him. This was my worst parenting moment ever, I actually popped him on the behind for that one. Before you call child services, it didn't even stop him from laughing. Next, he tried to kick Reid while I was feeding him and later he peed on the floor...twice. The next day I couldn't wait for Andie and Connor to arrive but this only amped him up even more, they jumped on the beds and drove each other crazy. I can't even list all the things that happened then, the stress of it all has erased my memory of it or maybe I am too exhausted to write about it. I just don't know what came over him. The crazy thing is I think he had a blast, he never once asked to go home. I thought for sure he would get homesick with all the punishments but I was the only one who wanted to leave. Andie offered to drive him home and I gladly accepted, so Ma-Ma, Reid and I had a very quiet ride home. Thankfully, as soon as I got back last night, he went right back to his old, sweet little self again and I am slowly regaining my sanity.
Reid was a sweetheart, here is a picture of him and Ma-Ma.

I have very good reasons for not taking more pictures, one is that I forgot my phone charger, the other is that I spent the better part of the weekend putting Shaw in time out. I don't know what happened, he is normally a really sweet boy. He has a lot of energy, yes, but if we play outside he burns it off and we do just fine. Not this weekend...
He kicked things off by making himself vomit in the backseat on the way up, stuck his fingers down his throat until his mission was accomplished. We finally got to the house where he proceeded to almost break his neck trying to climb over the side of the back porch. Next, he darted into oncoming traffic, laughing hysterically with me running and screaming bloody murder after him. This was my worst parenting moment ever, I actually popped him on the behind for that one. Before you call child services, it didn't even stop him from laughing. Next, he tried to kick Reid while I was feeding him and later he peed on the floor...twice. The next day I couldn't wait for Andie and Connor to arrive but this only amped him up even more, they jumped on the beds and drove each other crazy. I can't even list all the things that happened then, the stress of it all has erased my memory of it or maybe I am too exhausted to write about it. I just don't know what came over him. The crazy thing is I think he had a blast, he never once asked to go home. I thought for sure he would get homesick with all the punishments but I was the only one who wanted to leave. Andie offered to drive him home and I gladly accepted, so Ma-Ma, Reid and I had a very quiet ride home. Thankfully, as soon as I got back last night, he went right back to his old, sweet little self again and I am slowly regaining my sanity.
4 comments:
I like how you didn't mention him making himself throw up until now...AFTER the ride home in my car yesterday!!
I can't believe I forgot to tell you about it! You should have seen his face when he actually threw up, it scared him to death, he won't ever try it again, trust me! I edited the story because I meant to say that you drove him home.
Sending my love - MJ is fond of making herself cry so hard she throws up. Hasn't happened in a while, hopefully she's grown out of it.
You're not alone. Love the pic of Reid and Ma-Ma!
I am crying laughing so hard at this one! You told me how Shaw acted but that was too funny. I am the vomit cleaner upper queen. Andrew threw up so many times as a small child and baby, I don't know how he got any nuitrients at all.
Post a Comment