Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mother's Day at the Zoo

On Saturday of Mother's Day weekend Andie, Connor, Ashlyn, Shaw and I met Mom and Dad at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia. Ashlyn is Shaw's previous babysitter's daughter and he adores her so we were happy to have her along. The boys enjoyed seeing Grandma and Grandpa more than any of the animals I think but they were pretty excited about the monkeys. Here's a picture of Connor and I looking at them.


Connor enjoyed Grandpa's company I think!




Here's Shaw and Ashlyn.



Here's Shaw and Grandma.



I guess Connor wore himself out.


Shaw is obsessed with trains and tractors these days so Grandpa couldn't resist getting him a ride on the train. Yes, that is me in the background on the kids train, what of it?

6 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

Ha ha - Heather on the kid train.

Love little sweaty and sleeping Connor.

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Happy Mother's Day!

Andie Dougherty said...

Thanks a lot for the update, Heather, but I thought we promised each other not to post any pictures of the kids wearing their "leashes." I swear this is the only time we've used it, and everyone at the zoo had one! It actually turned out to be easier to just let them run free since every time they'd try to run away on the "leash" they'd jerk backwards and fall down.

Katie said...

I think you just "outed" yourself, Andie, because I had no idea leases were involved in this outing.

Seems like a "candle" comment to me!

Andie Dougherty said...

I thought about that as I was typing the comment, but thought it best to admit to it knowing that some people may be secretly judging...now they're free to say it out loud!

Heather Davidson said...

I think that you two are the only people who look at my pitiful little blog anyway so I'm pretty sure that the secret is safe.